Get Your Home Ready To Sell
The Spring market is just upon us. Now is the time to get your house ready for market. When selling your home it's the little things that catch the buyer's eye; how does your home present? Does it feel welcoming, comfortable and well maintained? Are the rooms freshly painted, de-cluttered, have a clean, fresh smell? It's often the little things that you can do to make a big impact. Take a look at some of these tasks:
- Less is much more! De-clutter! Take all unnecessary items off countertops, tables, bathroom vanities, etc.
- Consider furniture "reassignments". Does the room look too crowded. Is there a better way to set up your furniture, lamps, etc?
- Put out clean, white towels in the bathrooms.
- Replace outdated comforters and bedspreads with neutral inviting colors.
- Edge, mow and fertilize the lawn. Reseed sparse areas.
- Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees. Cut back overgrown shrubbery.
- Reseal cracks in foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios. Power-wash the exterior.
- Clean and align gutters and downspouts; clean the chimney.
- Keep walks and driveway swept or free of ice. Wash the windows inside and out.
- Hire a cleaning service to thoroughly clean the interior.
- Paint the walls and ceilings a neutral fresh color if needed. Clean baseboards or do paint touch-ups as needed.
- Repair cracks, holes and damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
- Replace damaged moldings and woodwork. Have a handyman go around the house and replace rotted wood.
- Repair faulty faucets and showerheads, unclog slow drains. Shampoo carpets, scrub and wax linoleum or wood floors.
- Clean out the fireplace and lay some logs in it.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs with new brighter light bulbs.
- Lubricate squeaking doors.
- Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven).
- Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
- Clear all cobwebs from corners and doorways.
- Wash all light switches, handrails and doorknobs
- Mend torn screens.
I would love to help you get top dollar for your home. Please call today for a complimentary valuation and effective marketing plan!